Since today is my birthday is thought I’d recap a few things I’m proud of. These are things I’m proud of or that I’ve went through, they are in no order really. I think a little reflection is in place before 2016 & what a better way to start than be thankful for the time I’ve had, spent, & hopefully still get.
01. I love TV shows like Snapped, Homicide Hunter, & Swamp Murders (anything on the ID Network).
02. I always eat dessert first.
03. I love to laugh, I think it cleanses the body.
04. My favorite cake is yellow butter cake with milk chocolate frosting.
05. I dream of opening my own bakery when I’m 50 & retire.
06. I’m an introvert that likes hanging out in nature.
07. I competed and finished my first race ever in September. It was a half marathon (13.1 miles) I didn’t train for and finished at 3 hours & 4 minutes.
08. I’m a worrier, I worry about everything (all the time).
09. I have a handful of friends. I know they would always be there for me (even if I decided to blow up a bank) & I love them.
10. I have a twin brother who is 1 minute and 30 seconds older than me.
11. I make horrible decision. Yeah, it doesn’t really matter what it is. I should just start doing the opposite of what I was thinking about doing.
12. I have really high anxiety. Some days is hard to be comfortable in my own skin.
13. I still love cartoons & animations. You’ll catch me watching a cartoon or Disney movie at any time.
14. The TV is always on the ID Network channel (when I’m not watching cartoons).
15. Fall & winter are my favorite seasons. It was the total opposite when I was younger.
16. I really love my job. Given you’ll have a few bad days but I like everyone I work with and we all have fun.
17. I’d consider my mom one of my best friends. She gets me, which wasn’t always the case.
18. I’m in love with sugar skulls. I think they are so pretty & each is unique!
19. On Sunday’s I like to volunteer at a local soup kitchen that’s headed by an old co-worker. It’s an all day job but seeing the smiling faces that come in & are thankful for what we spent all day preparing is worth taking a day over.
20. I have perfect the caramel vanilla latte!
21. I’ve seen the beauty in Richmond Virgina, Charleston South Carolina, & Ashville North Carolina.
22. I actually fell in love with a healthy cookie, there is such a thing & it’s amazing!
23. My mom, brother, & I survived a tornado when my brother & I were only 3.
24. I not only learned how to coupon but I also taught my brother!
25. My dad has been sick for years but he was getting worse & a liver transplant was being tossed around. I got all the test done & I was going to give him some of mine, as I’m a compatible donor. (He’s actually well thanks to surgery & reconstructive surgery.)
26. I decided to try my hand at direct selling & became a Thirty One consultant. I love everything in the line & that’s usually how my commission checks get spend. No shame!
27. I’ve found through my years I’ve come to really love a few things – the inner workings of the human body, forensics, & baking. It’s a rather odd combination, I know.
28. I’ve discovered yoga is an amazing way to get your body in tune. It’s so relaxing and I’m so glad I found it.
29. Through my years I’ve learned the best medicine is laughter. I don’t know about you but I’d rather be laughing than crying any day.
30. I’ve learned the fun and beauty that comes out of restoring & building things. Rather it be old floors, a piece of furniture, or just something made on a whim.
31. After a long search I finally feel like I know who I am. Some days I fight with it because it’s hard to stay focused on the good and not think everything is a huge train wreck.