If your single like me on Valentine’s Day don’t let that get ya down. Valentine’s Day is a day for love and what better way to spend that day with yourself or your other single friends. There is no reason you shouldn’t be happy on Valentine’s Day, it’s just another day to be happy your alive.
Things to do:
01. Watch your favorite movie with a cup of coffee or tea in comfortable clothes with a candle lit. This will give your sense something to do too.
02. Call up the girls and tell them your all going to lunch or to the park. People watching is pretty fun any day of the year & you’ll keep a clear head with the fresh air you’ll be getting.
03. Valentine’s Day is a day where people spend a ton of money. Buy yourself some flowers (they also help brighten the mood with their vibrant colors) & can be pretty inexpensive. I’d also pick up a bag of “Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Sea Salt & Caramel” squares. I love these!
04. Read a book. I love this to pass time anyway. Nothing like getting in a few chapters of a great book before hitting the resturants, candy shops, & flower boutiques.
05. Take a nap. Simple put for some of us V-Day isn’t all what it’s cracked up to be. There probably been a few broken hearts and this day doesn’t really help. No shame in napping to clear your mind.
06. Try something new. Try a new hobby, a craft project, an exercise routine. Whatever keeps your boat from sinking. Who knows you may fall in love with something new.
07. You can arrange a valentine’s swap with your other single friends. It’s fun to get things on Valentine’s Day and what better way to share that than with your friends.
08. Catch a movie. Is there something in the box office you’ve had your eye on?
09. Spa day! Nothing says you want to treat and live in yourself like a great massage, manicure, or pedicure.
10. Get out of there. I’m sure there are a lot of neat places you can visit around your area or another state over. Take the weekend before or after to explore your surroundings.
Myself I’ll probably grab a bowl of Breyer’s cookies n cream, curl up on my couch in my pj’s after work, and feast my eyes on a movie on Netflix. If I get really adventurous I may stop by Redbox when I pick myself up a nice Orchid (Home Depot has really really pretty ones. They are all sorts of colors too. I’m a sucker for white, baby blue, & pink).